Quality and Compliance
Our mission is to be the trusted partner of choice in serving patients and healthcare providers with specialty medicines for unmet needs in the Emerging Markets.
With this trust comes responsibility.
Over the last 35 years, Masters has built the infrastructure and experience to deliver on our promise and to provide life-changing medicines to patients in need, wherever they are.
We operate across a number of legal and ethical frameworks to expand equitable access to innovative, specialty medicines that are not easily obtained.
Masters feels a responsibility to help those with unmet medical needs, so we strive to deliver the best quality products to our customers, and aim to be fair when making decisions and conducting business. Accordingly, we expect our employees to embrace these guiding principles in all their actions.
We are committed to providing quality.
Everything we do demonstrates our commitment to delivering quality:
- We have a robust Global Warehouse and Quality Management Systems
- We have a Global Pharmacovigilance System
- We comply with EU Good Distribution Practices
- We are fully regulated and licensed in the countries in which we operate
Masters is regulated and licensed by the following bodies:
- MHRA Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (UK)
- Home Office (UK)
- US State of Florida (US)
- New York State Board of Pharmacy (US)
- ANVISA (Brazil)
- DNM National Medicines (El Salvador)
Taking pride in our service, our quality, and our conduct, we have a Quality & Regulatory team in place offering assurance and compliance across the Masters group. Furthermore, Masters also offers a wealth of experience in regulatory affairs and compliance within its operating markets, having essential regulatory knowledge situated at a local level.